Saturday, May 31, 2008

Joy killer...

It was nearing the end of the day when I was summoned by the top man...


Man : So, how's the presentation going?
Self : Cun-cun...120 pages...
Man : Oi...banyaknya...
Self : Bah, the new proposal ja 59 pages...I just cut and paste to the powerpoint now...later I will translate to pointer form...I'm bringing it home...
Man : Ok...(pausing)...can you email to me on Sunday?
Self : (eyes popping out)...huh...
Man : I might not be coming in Monday morning...
Self : Eh, biar betul you ni bos (the board meeting is on Tuesday)...you will not be coming in in the morning or you will not be coming at all...
Man : That's the thing...some of them are coming down this weekend...some Monday...I'll be busy...



Great, just great.

We were supposed to have a camping out for 2 nights with the group at the Crocker Range. We have not picked the dates yet and I was crossing my fingers that it would not be this weekend. I was relieved when hubby told me that the guys have not confirmed on the camping yet for this weekend. Phew.


We went up to the range early morning at the 1st day of Harvest Festival, a day trip affair. We hitched a ride with Ron and Hazel and met up with Chai and Sie Sie at Donggongon's 7Eleven.


On our way home at about 5.20pm, Chai called up and asked if we could go camping the next day. I was like...oh tidakkkkkkk...not without me. I was looking forward to that. After discussing with hubby, we decided to forgo with the idea at this point of time. One, because I have to finish up the presentation. Two, we need to spend some time with the kiddos and then send them off to kampung. Another phew....


Then Ron texted. He wanted to know if we wanted to join him for another trip tomorrow...1/2 day trip only. OMG, the temptation. Ok, fikir waras sikit Zaiton. I unfortunately did. With a heavy heart tho. I told hubby to go as I have to stay back.


So, here I am. On a Saturday. On a holiday. In a few minutes, going to open up the presentation file. In a few minutes, pleading with my sluggish on holiday brain to help me finish off this task, by hook or by crook, by today. Arggggggggh...



Before I left the office on Friday...


Man : Have you transferred your file to the pendrive...
Self : Yes...
Man : Have you check...
Self : Yes...



One happiness deprived employee...



0 comments: