Sunday, April 11, 2010

The winter visitor...Mugimaki Flycatcher (Ficedula mugimaki)...

Hubby : Let's look for the Mugimaki...
Self : They're here already?
Hubby : Should be...

Without really specifically looking for the Mugimaki Flycatcher, I've decided to stroll around the back of the Liwagu Restaurant. That was where I saw it first, I think it was in 2008. Like I said, I wasn't really looking for it, but then, just in case.

I was standing near the little manmade pond when I noticed something on the ground nearby. I found the Mugimaki Flycatcher, but it was not a good find I'm afraid.





...the end of the journey for this little fella...


After stumbling upon the carcass in last November, I never saw any of it but hubby did tho. It was only in March I had the chance of seeing it. I guessed to have the chance on sighting this winter visitor is not something that everyone have the luxury of. And for me, trying to get its image into my camera is tough task to say the least. They are but a very shy creature and very fleety. They loved to perch up high and that did not spell good to me, not with my 55-250mm lens.

So when I did chance upon it, I tried to remember all the tips that hubby told me...all the do's and all the don'ts...
These are what I could managed...
These are what this winter visitor permits me to capture...



The female Mugimaki Flycatcher...
I like her...
She's a bit friendly...













...perching just up above me on the wire...


...I aimed my camera between two bamboos...I think this is the last time I'm going to see him this year...


They are a joy to watch...
Thank you little ones...
It's been a pleasure...
Till we meet again...
Safe journey...

3 comments:

Mummy Nana said...

Nice

http://mummynana.blogspot.com/

Zaiton Yunus said...

Yours are nice too...:)

zac zac zac said...

How CAN IT POSSIBLE? IT's REALLY GOOD...............